EU Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA) is involved in Horizon Europe to stimulate the market and support mainly the creation of commercial solutions for the EU space downstream sector. Space is placed under the pillar II of Horizon Europe, where specifically Cluster 4 of the Work Programme focuses on Digital, Industry, and Space.
The Call is structured in the following 6 topics:
- EGNSS applications for Smart mobility (Innovation Action)
- Public sector as Galileo and/or Copernicus user (Pre-commercial Procurement)
- Copernicus downstream applications and the European Data Economy (Innovation Action)
- Large-scale Copernicus data uptake with AI and HPC (Research and Innovation Action)
- Designing space-based downstream applications with international partners (Research and Innovation Action)
- GOVSATCOM Service developments and demonstrations (Research and Innovation Action)
The EGNSS applications for Smart mobility (Innovation Action) being the most relevant to CCAM.
The first Horizon Europe Call with an overall budget of 32.6 million EUR for the development of innovative space downstream applications is closed for submissions (the deadline was on 16 February 2022).
The second Horizon Europe Call is now open with a deadline in March 2023 and an overall budget of 48.1 million EUR for the development of innovative space downstream applications.
You can find more information on the opportunities for the development of European space downstream applications here.
The Call and topics’ detailed description and the application templates will soon be available on the EU’s Funding & tender opportunities portal.