The #FIRM23 (FEHRL Infrastructure Research Meeting) “Mobility is changing, our roads too!” will be held in Brussels on 25-26 April 2023.
FIRM’s goal is to provide a framework for discussing critical issues concerning the future of our transportation system, to engage stakeholders in these discussions, and to network around innovative solutions. Instead of presentations and Q&A, the conference format will be based on a series of lively discussions among stakeholders. We will broaden the scope of the debates for this edition by inviting speakers from other sectors.
The latest version of the program and the registration information can be found on the FIRM 23 Event page.
Tuesday, 25 April
9:45: Introduction to FIRM 23 – Aleš Žnidarič, President, FEHRL
10:00 – 12:15: Session 1 – Round Table: Climate, Energy & Digitalisation – let’s embrace the major challenges ahead of us!
- Philippe Froissard, Head of Unit, DG Research & Innovation, European Commission
- Torsten Klimke, Head of Unit, DG MOVE, European Commission
- Thomas Svensson, Vice-President, FEHRL
- Miguel Segarra, Chair of the WG Infrastructure & Mobility, ECTP
- Stephan Neugebauer, Chairman, ERTRAC
- Malika SEDDI, Secretary-General, ASECAP
- Fernando Liesa, Secretary-General, ALICE
- Bernard Jacob, Chair of the WG ERS, FEHRL
- Matthieu Auzanneau, Director, The Shift Project
- Reuben Fischer, Freight Specialist, The Shift Project
- Hugues Ferreboeuf, Advisor for Digitalisation, The Shift Project
14:00 – 15:30: Session 2: Stakeholders engagement workshop – Let’s talk about Biodiversity and Transport infrastructure!
- Adewole Adesiyun, Coordination team member, BISON
- WP5 representative, BISON
- Nicolas Hautière, BISON
- Hilde Eggermont, Programme Coordinator, Biodiversa – TBC
- Rafal Stanecki, Policy Officer, DG MOVE, European Commission
- Karin Zaunberger, Policy Officer, DG ENV, European Commission
- Mariana Silva Zuniga, Senior & Expert on Biodiversity and Nature Based Solutions, World Back
- Eva Maria Mayerhofer, Senior Environment and Biodiversity Specialist, European Investment Bank
16:00 – 17:30: Session 3: Stakeholders engagement workshop – Let’s talk about CCAM
- Maria Gemou, Technical Coordinator, Augmented CCAM Project
- Henriette Cornet, Autonomous Vehicle & Sustainable Mobility Expert, UITP
- Suzanne Hoadley, Coordinator of the Mobility & Traffic Efficiency Working Group, Polis
- Andrea de Candido, Policy Officer, DG Research & Innovation, European Commission
- Laoufi Moroine, Autonomous Vehicle, VINCI Autoroutes
17:30 – 19:30: NETWORKING COCKTAIL
On Wednesday, 26 April the last session will highlight the current research activities performed under the FEHRL umbrella. The session will start by promoting the FEHRL flagship initiative BD-PAVE. The session will also address the critical issues of resilience, risk and robotics in transport infrastructure.
The event is hybrid, free of charge and open to all, but registration is required.